Say goodbye to gift-wrapping chaos this giving season! Follow these simple steps to wrap the perfect gift.
Before you begin, gather your supplies: wrapping paper, scissors, tape, and ribbon/bows. Note that most gifts are easier to wrap inside of a box. Gift boxes can be purchased, but many stores will often give boxes to you for free.
- On a flat, clear surface such as a counter or kitchen table, unroll some of the wrapping paper, printed side down.
- Starting with the gift on the edge of the paper, roll the wrapping paper across the box so that you can determine how much paper you will need to cover the entire present.
- Cut the paper, and then fold about an inch over the cut to create a clean edge.
- Place the box in the center of the paper, and bring the paper edge opposite to the folded edge up the side and halfway across the top of the box. Attach with tape.
- Bring the folded side up so that it overlaps the taped edge, and pull the paper tightly around the box before affixing with tape.
- Fold the paper in on each side of the gift. To do this, fold down the top flap onto the side of the box, creating two wings at the side. Flatten the wings and fold them inward. Fold the remaining triangle of paper up against the box and attach with tape. Repeat on the other side.
- Add ribbon, a bow, or decorative gift tag to the present to give it a festive touch!
View photo instructions here.
For a video tutorial, watch the video below.
If you are interested in purchasing a new home in the coming year or refinancing your current home, I would love to help! Call me today to discuss your home financing options.